WATER 4.0 – “Strumenti innovativi per l’individuazione delle perdite nelle reti idriche e la valutazione della qualità dell’acqua” is an industrial research project that sees the involvement of companies such as 2F Water Venture, Di Pietro Group and INGV (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia) and intends to optimizing the management of water networks aimed at testing innovative technologies for:
- the identification of the losses of the water network operating on a large scale;
- monitoring and control of water quality in aqueduct systems;
- the analysis of the data collected for the optimization of the functional dynamics of the network.
This project intends to develop innovative procedures and technologies that allow not only to guarantee quality, continuity and safety of the service with the simultaneous containment of management costs, but also a reduction of the environmental impact, consequent to a more effective management of resources and to the reduction of water losses.
In particular, our research team will provide technological support to 2F Water Venture taking care of the creation of a smart metering system that acquires data from the various sensors (flow rate, pressure, hydrophones, water quality) installed at the various monitored users. The data can be received through the most modern wireless communication technologies available in the smart metering sector (WM-Bus, LoRa, 4G, NB-IoT).
The system will pre-process the data (aggregation, compression) locally, and transmit it to the Cloud platform for the subsequent storage, analysis and visualization phases.
The goal is to create an intelligent monitoring unit specifically designed and developed to receive information regarding pressure, flow rate and acoustic data measured by a series of Commodity Off The Shelf (COTS) sensors to facilitate the collection of data of interest for detecting water leaks in aqueduct networks.
The monitored data will then be transferred from the monitoring station to a Cloud platform for their storage, analysis and visualization.
- 2f Water Venture SRL
- Dipietro Group SRL
- Ist. Naz. di geofisica e vulcanologia INGV
- Università degli Studi di Ferrara – Centro di Studi sulla Corrosione e Metallurgia “Aldo Daccò”
- Università degli Studi di Ferrara – Mechlav
- Università degli Studi di Ferrara – Terra&Acqua
- Università degli Studi di Roma “Tor Vergata”